The General Manager will promote diversity and acceptance and create a warm welcoming environment for members while ensuring our members receive the highest quality of service and clean facilities. The General Manager is to maintain a culture that provides members an experience that is second to none and provide a work environment where team members can be successful. He or she will exhibit an ability to achieve the financial targets for the club as outlined in the financial plan by motivating, leading, supervising and coordinating the activities of team members engaged in servicing our member needs. The General Manager will demonstrate an aptitude and command of all company-wide policies and initiatives to ensure the integrity of the ONYX Health Club 24/7 brand.
- Administration and Organizational Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all standard operating procedures and policies
- Communicate and implement company policies and procedures
- Encourage staff to work as a team and be productive
- Demonstrate an ability to take decisive action
- Proactively recruit, interview, and hire talented team members
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, motivate, and manage a team
- Achieve desired revenue targets, as measured through KPI’s, through the leadership and motivation of sales staff
- Implement company marketing programs generate new sales leads
- Ensure that team maintains proper tracking of leads
- Emphasize the importance of staff involvement in the community and neighborhood businesses and recruit new local businesses into partnership programs
- Support personnel-related problems or difficulties by following company procedure and documentation
- Resolve customer complaints in an expeditious and tactful manner following company procedure and documentation
- Promote a professional and welcoming atmosphere that enhances the quality of service and care offered to the customer
- Ensure the facility meets standards for cleanliness, maintenance, safety, and security
- Ensure malfunctioning equipment is repaired promptly
- Ensure proper inventory of equipment parts
- Assist in the processing, submission, and approval of payroll
- Exhibit an understanding of revenue budgets and payroll expenses
- Establish controls of expenses and purchasing supplies.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of expense management
- Demonstrate an ability to articulate variances in revenue/sales/expenses versus budget.