Our Fitness Director leads and develops a team of Personal Trainers who provide customized fitness programs to our members while educating and guiding them on proper nutrition, cardiovascular exercise, resistance training and attaining a healthier lifestyle. Clients sign up with a personal trainer to be motivated, educated, and held accountable while working towards their fitness goals. By definition, a personal trainer is a fitness professional possessing the knowledge, skills and abilities for safe and effective exercise and fitness program design, instruction and assistance for the purpose of reaching personal health and fitness goals. This career path has a much higher profile than ever before and we are committed to assisting our dedicated and driven staff members in the development of their skills and professional growth.
Fitness Director Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Leading, training and developing a team of Personal Trainers
- Increasing Personal Training revenue and profitability through managing sales performance, sessions serviced growth, quality of personal training experience and labor management
- Meeting/exceeding minimum monthly company expectation including sessions services, conversion and upgrade targets contributing to club success
- Punctual and prepared for all appointments with clients or staff meetings
- Passionate about fitness and coaching others with purpose while providing excellent customer service
- Ability to motivate others to improve their overall fitness and health
- Desire to help clients reach their health and fitness goals through proper cardiovascular, flexibility and resistance exercise
- Knowledge of anatomy, functional exercise, basic nutrition, and basic exercise science
- Conducts Fitness Assessments according to Company protocol
- Educates members on current health and fitness issues and trends
- Exceptionally member service-oriented and possesses outstanding communication skills
- Ability to design exercise programs tailored to the needs of specific clients/goals
- Ability to demonstrate and teach exercises while providing feedback on technique
- Ability to execute individual fitness program design in a safe and effective manner
- Understands the importance of maintaining accurate and current client files
- Dedicated to maintaining personal integrity and personal health and fitness
- Willingness to uphold Company protocol and policies
- Attends mandatory and optional staff training classes
- Promotes and sells personal training programs and services
- Remains current on certifications and new trends in the industry
- Current CPR/AED Certification and basic First Aid knowledge
- Current Nationally Recognized Personal Trainer Certification
- Previous personal training management experience preferred.
ACSM NASM NFPT
ISSA PTA Global
NCFS RTS Resistance Training Specialist
ONYX Health Club 24/7 is looking for energetic, enthusiastic people that are passionate about health and fitness to join our team.
Please feel free to submit your information to the Application Repository below. All submissions will be retained in regard to future hires and any new positions that may or may not become available.
It’s not a matter of what can you do for us, but what can ONYX do to help you accomplish your personal & professional goals. Enjoy company outings, lofty commissions & bonus structures, and industry-leading wages.